CCI Health and Wellness Services
is a group practice, empowering patients to partner with staff for an unparalleled healthcare experience. Through integrated teams in a learning environment, we deliver high quality, affordable, care to every patient during all stages of life. POSITION SUMMARY:
The Competent Professional Authority (CPA) will take the lead role in clinic setting and serve as a back up to the clinic manager. Provides nutrition counseling and conducts nutrition classes. Prescribes standard and non-standard food packages and obtains anthropometric measurements. In addition, the CPA will assist with the delivery of WIC services at a CCI clinic site to assure the provision of high quality, cost-efficient, culturally sensitive services that comply with all Federal, State and Local agency policies and procedures. KEY FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows State guidelines for issuing infant formulas, exempt infant formulas, and other eligible nutritionals by obtaining the required documentation for issuing formulas other than the standard contract infant formulas.
- Follows State and agency guidelines for ordering infant formulas, exempt infant formulas, and other eligible nutritionals through the State office.
- Correctly follows state guidelines for identifying all applicable nutrition risk codes by correctly interpreting the growth chart and the hemoglobin value, reviewing the Health History form and the Nutrition History screen.
- Prescribes appropriate food packages following State guidelines and the applicant's dietary/health requirements and personal preference.
- Consistently uses proper procedures to collect accurate information.
- Follows State guidelines when providing nutrition counseling by:
- Targeting the nutrition counseling toward the applicant's nutritional risk(s) by identifying the most important nutrition risk or risks and focusing on them.
- Covering the participant category-specific topics.
- Providing exit counseling to all postpartum and breastfeeding women.
- Addressing applicant's questions and/or concerns.
- Providing appropriate nutrition education materials based upon the topics covered in the nutrition counseling session n.
- Explaining the contents of the prescribed food package.
- Incorporating WIC foods into the discussion, especially for food groups with low FFQ scores.
- Working on-site is essential duty for the job.
- Provides referrals by:
- Following State and agency guidelines for providing referrals for high-risk counseling and breastfeeding counseling.
- Furnishing information about other community resources when appropriate
- Explains the rights and responsibilities of a WIC participant to each applicant.
- Accurately obtains/documents proof of residence, proof of identity, proof of pregnancy and calculates and documents proof of income.
- Participates in outreach activities as directed.
ACCURATELY OBTAINS AND DOCUMENTS ANTHROPOMETRIC AND LAB DATA:
- Utilizes correct method of measuring hemoglobin.
- Utilizes correct method for measuring health/length and weight.
- Accurately enters data into the computer.
- Consistently uses proper procedures to collect accurate information.
INFORMS PARTICIPANTS ABOUT THE WIC PROGRAM:
- Performs computer record file maintenance and updates in a timely manner.
- Accurately performs daily data entry and eWIC benefits issuance.
- Makes appointments and transfers according to established policies.
- Properly maintains computer, printers, and other office equipment.
EFFICIENTLY PERFORMS NECESSARY CLINIC DUTIES AND CONDUCTS NUTRITION CLASSES:
- Proactively offers participants information and materials about other community resources.
- Provides complete information on the certifying process.
- Provides correct information on Rights and Responsibilities, Program benefits, WIC foods and vendors, and the proper use of eWIC card.
- Assists Manager in ensuring timely compliance with agency requirements for completing reports, voiding benefits, maintaining eWIC card security and separation of duties for eWIC card issuance.
- Prepares for NE/CPU. Participates in NE/CPU activities and conducts group nutrition classes following State and agency guidelines.
- Assists Manager in ensuring that clinic certification and recertification goals are met.
- Assists Manager in ensuring that an adequate inventory of supplies and materials is maintained and ordered according to agency policies and procedures.
- Handles incoming calls, referring them to appropriate staff.
- Issues eWIC cards following separation of duties role.
- Schedules and confirms appointments according to policy.
- Always answers phone promptly, checks voicemail frequently and returns calls within the day.
- Terminates participants and prepares ID folders according to policy.
- Participates in CPU preparation and activities as directed.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor's degree in n Nutritional Sciences, Community Nutrition, Clinical Nutrition, Dietetics, Public Health Nutrition or Home Economics with emphasis in Nutrition.
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both in person or over the phone.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Fluency in Spanish, preferred.
Intent And Function Of This Job Description
- Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to greet participants and visitors in person or over the phone, and to direct them accordingly.
- Ability to maintain a high standard of customer service and observance of corporation protocol in a hectic and sometimes hostile situation.
- Ability to read and write to update participant information/forms, and accurately communicate phone messages, and respond to visitors and callers as needed.
All descriptions have been reviewed to ensure that only essential functions and basic duties have been included. Peripheral tasks, only incidentally related to each position, have been excluded. Requirements, skills, and abilities included have been determined to be the minimal standards required to successfully perform the positions. In no instance, however, should the duties, responsibilities, and requirements delineated be interpreted as all inclusive. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others or which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.
CCI Health & Wellness Services is a 49-year-old Federally Qualified Health Center is a diverse and inclusive workplace that serves 60,000 medical patients and Women Infant's & Children (WIC) participants in Montgomery and Prince George's Counties. As a 501(c)3 non-profit, CCI is committed to providing high-quality, affordable primary healthcare to every patient across all life stages. Visit for more information.
- CCI is an Equal Opportunity E
Powered by JazzHR