McGill Associates provides a full array of engineering, land planning, and consulting services to public and private clients in eastern Tennessee, North Carolina, and South East Virginia. McGill supports a healthy work/life balance and offers a variety of schedules and workplace options including hybrid and compressed schedules. .We are currently seeking highly motivated candidates for a Project Manager position on our Water/Wastewater Team in Hickory, NC.*
We recognize that compensation, benefits, and paid time off can help our employees maintain a healthy work/life balance. McGill is proud to offer flexible and hybrid schedules, competitive salary and bonuses, health, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, disability and group term life insurance, and a safe harbor 401(k) match. We also encourage our employee's professional development by paying for license renewals and professional fees or memberships, along with providing tuition assistance.
As the Water/Wastewater Project Manager, you will be responsible for developing project scope, fees for services, negotiation of contracts for agreements of engineering services, project budgeting, project scheduling, and client communication. You will also mentor and lead the water/wastewater team, design and manage linear and water/wastewater projects, and interface with clients on a regular basis to ensure the highest level of client satisfaction and to help identify and develop future business opportunities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist Senior Project Manager in developing and maintaining client relationships, project budgets and schedules and assist in maintaining the technical and financial performance of the team's projects that come under the Project Manager's direct charge and control.
- Consistently meet and exceed client expectations by ensuring accurate, complete, and timely communication of information to and from clients, the Senior Project Manager, and firm staff.
- Participate in appropriate area and regional conferences and organizations including handling presentations and the pursuit of leadership positions within applicable organizations.
- Ensure the preparation of accurate, complete, and value-added work products by monitoring and improving the document delivery process; identifying and implementing ideas that save client time and money or that effectively solve potential problems/opportunities; reviewing interim work products/submittals and providing needed feedback regarding accuracy, completeness, and value; and mentoring firm team members.
- Ensure timely document delivery by monitoring/adjusting schedules; communicating with SPM, client and project team members; requesting and managing the needed resources; and completing assigned tasks on or ahead of schedule.
- Increase the flow of new work by finding expanded/new work opportunities with existing clients; assist SPM and marketing staff in finding opportunities to serve new clients; and assist in the preparation of proposals.
- Deliver profitable projects by preparing and maintaining Project Schedules and Budgets; monitoring and acting quickly to address budget deviations (hours/$) and additional service opportunities; maintaining continuous open communication among client and firm team members; and using available technology appropriately.
- Develop firm staff through on-the-job training and regular use of project reviews and staff progression discussions with the Senior Project Manager.
- Accept responsibility for giving, seeking, and acting on feedback needed: for personal career development and peak professional performance; to keep Senior Project Manager apprised of project status and needs; to resolve project-related technical problems; and to assist the Senior Project Manager with project-related personnel issues.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering or related field and 6 years of experience with technical design of municipal water wastewater projects.
- North Carolina PE licensure or the ability to obtain licensure within 6 months.
- AutoCAD - Civil 3D experience required.
- Proficiency in commonly used computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook) required.
- Excellent writing and communication skills required.
- Valid driver's license.
McGill Associates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. We conduct pre-employment drug screens and background, credit, and motor vehicle checks in accordance with all federal and state statutes. We will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. All McGill Associates' facilities comply with the American with Disabilities Act. Persons with hearing and/or speech impairments may contact McGill Associates by dialing 711 to access the State Relay Service for TTY/TDD. Candidates with limited English proficiency may discuss employment opportunities with the help of an interpreter by calling 828.252.0575.
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as needed to meet the ongoing needs of the firm.