At COMHAR, it's our mission to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. We are currently looking for a Staff Therapist for our Enhanced Outpatient program.
The MH therapist works from a recovery framework within the team providing individual and group psychotherapy using psychotherapeutic interventions (evidenced based practices preferred), cultural competence and trauma informed care to help individuals obtain their recovery goals.
The MH therapist provides a comprehensive assessment's of individuals who may be children or adults. The MH therapist works on CBE'S, progress notes and treatment plans as indicated with goals, objectives and intervention in the Treatment plan. The MH therapist uses a range of psychotherapeutic interventions that may include EBP approaches.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides recovery oriented screenings and comprehensive bio-psycho-social assessments for assigned individual.
- Participates in team meetings, individual supervision, group supervision to review progress on cases in order to ensure communication and comprehensive approach to treatment.
- Views individuals from a strengths approach in preparation of treatment plans, with a focus on recovery.
- Completes all EBP screening tools (ie PHQ-9, tobacco screen, CAGE-Aid, PTSD scale, etc.) to ensure quality data and outcome reporting
- Complete progress notes on all patients in DAP format (data, assessment, plan) in timely fashion
- Complete treatment plans with behavioral and measurable based goals
- Complete all necessary paperwork for each patient and other documentation in a timely fashion utilizing EVOLV EHR
- Complete all required reports and other paperwork in timely manner.
- Participates in required clinical trainings and supervision sessions.
- Participates in required agency meetings; attends in service training in order to meet mandated training hours.
- Plans and assists individuals to increase community tenure, enhance quality of life, and attain highest level of independent functioning.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Weekend and/or late evening availability.
- Master's degree from an accredited university in a clinical mental health discipline, such as psychology, counseling, clinical social work, psychiatric nursing or marriage and family counseling.
- Two years verified paid experience providing mental health services
- License preferred but not required
- Bilingual, English-Spanish speaking. Excellent verbal/written communication in English and Spanish.
- Must have excellent verbal/written communication skills and work well with people;
- Creative problem-solving skills;
- Excellent clinical skills including assessment, individual and group therapy; knowledge of behavioral health systems, community resources;
- Ability to work independently, and be flexible/adaptive in handling changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment;
- Computer skills required.
.Effective October 15, 2021, all employees/contractors/interns/volunteers are required to provide our office with proof of COVID vaccination.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace. COMHAR, Inc. is a not-for-profit community based health and human service organization founded in 1975. We do not discriminate in services or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, past or present receipt of disability-related services or supports, marital status, veteran status, or any other class of persons protected by federal, state or local law.