The Staff Accountant is performing the day-to-day accounting functions for North American operations. This individual will be working simultaneously with other members of the Accounting and Finance team to ensure all job functions are completed on a timely basis. This includes maintaining a combination of generally accepted accounting systems, preparing journal entries, maintaining and reconciling ledger accounts.
Position Description/Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Prepare monthly journal entries for both general ledger and cost accounting functions.
- Reconcile general ledger balance sheet accounts on a timely basis.
- Prepare and assist with weekly and monthly financial reporting requirements.
- Participate in Sarbanes Oxley and other financial audits, prepare appropriate reports and ocumentation to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Develop and provide weekly reporting on aged payables and receivables.
- Act as the first point of escalation/support for AR and AP Specialists.
- Assist AR and AP team with transaction entry as needed for volume spikes.
- Support AR/AP specialists with investigating, reviewing and responding to internal customers regarding billing, payments, and receipt of payments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in finance, accounting or related field or Associates degree and equivalent experience.
- 4 years of relevant work accounting experience including AR, AP, and GL (in addition to degree or years of previous experience)
- 4 years of experience in an office environment
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Skilled proficiency with the Microsoft Excel with high level spreadsheet knowledge, including creating and modifying existing spreadsheets.
- 2+ years working with automated financial and accounting reporting systems utilizing SAP (or other large ERP) and supporting add-on software.
- 1+ years working in a mid to large distribution or manufacturing facility
- Prior experience working in both an AP or AR role including performing credit and collection activities
- Experience providing guidance/direction to junior team members or new hires
Behavior Based Items/Competencies:
- Act with Integrity
- Customer Focused
- Metric/Results Driven
- Self Aware, Approachable and Composed
- Strong Communication and Conflict Management Skills
- Ability focus and prioritize under (time) pressure
- Autonomous and hands-on
KaVo is an equal opportunity employer that evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. The EEO is the Law poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf.