The Speech Language Pathologist II will perform center-based therapy in the Integrated Early Learning Center. The incumbent provides parent training, evaluations, subsequent planning, execution, and supervision of therapy programs to assist in the development of all areas of communication, oral motor, and feeding skills for children with developmental disabilities. The Speech Language Pathologist II must demonstrate the ability to solve complex treatment problems in multiple environments with periodic supervision, demonstrate clinical competence in a specialized area, and participate in intra- and interdisciplinary training programs related to the specialized area. The incumbent may supervise speech therapy students and clinical fellows and will contribute to program development, evaluation, and performance improvement.
- Must possess and maintain cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification.
- Must possess and maintain licensure as a Speech Pathologist in the State of Maryland.
- Must be eligible for Certificate of Clinical Competence by the American Speech-Language Association (ASHA).
- Master's degree in speech/language pathology required.
- Minimum three years licensed experience in Speech Language Pathology (including CFY) with at least two years' documented experience in area of specialty.
- Must have previous experience with developmental disabilities.
- Must have experience in pediatric evaluation/treatment.
Kennedy Krieger Institute offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, free parking and child care subsidies! In addition, we offer rich professional development opportunities. Now offering a New Student Debt Relief Program!
We require full COVID vaccination or documentation of medical and/or religious exemption(s) approval for this job as we are a healthcare institution committed to putting health and safety first for our patients, students, employees, and the communities we serve.