$2500 Sign-On Bonus with Language Proficiency Differential
The Speech Language Pathologist II (Bilingual-Arabic) will provide direct patient care for assessing and treating communication (i.e. speech/language) and oral motor disorders: administering department and program functions; may supervise graduate students and Clinical Fellows; maintaining documentation relative to services offered; and participating in intra- and interdisciplinary training programs. This position requires the incumbent to be bilingual in English and Arabic with a proficiency level that meets the Institutes minimum standards.
- Bilingual in English and Arabic with a proficiency level that meets the Institutes minimum standards. Able to speak Arabic fluently with ease and confidence in a variety of topics related to work, home, leisure activities, as well as events of current, public or personal interest or individual relevance. Able to convey intended message with accuracy, clarity and precision without misrepresentation or confusion while being readily understood by native speakers.
- Current CPR certification.
- *Individual must demonstrate competence across all age groups due to the diversity of the children and families served by KKI.
- *Clinical care focus is on the neonate, pediatric, and adolescent populations, as well as some adults with disabilities.
- Masters degree in Speech Language Pathology, with related clinical requirements, is required.
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology granted by the American Speech Language and Hearing Association is required
- Must possess and maintain Maryland State Licensure in Speech Language Pathology.
- Three years licensed experience in Speech Language Pathology (including CFY), with at least two years documented experience in area of specialty.
Kennedy Krieger Institute offers excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K with match, tuition reimbursement, free parking and child care subsidies! In addition, we offer rich professional development opportunities. Now offering a New Student Debt Relief Program!
We require full COVID vaccination or documentation of medical and/or religious exemption(s) approval for this job as we are a healthcare institution committed to putting health and safety first for our patients, students, employees, and the communities we serve.