Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible, that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design, develop, and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us, that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Audible's Quality Assurance organization promotes product quality, and organizational quality ownership thru well-defined measurable processes, comprehensive quality assessment and identification of risk. In addition, the organization provides tools and infrastructure needed to support agile feature delivery, improve quality and increase engineer productivity. The team includes Quality Assurance Engineers, Quality Assurance Technicians and Software Engineers working side by side with Software Development Engineers, Product Managers, User Experience, and Customer Support staff to understand features, bugs, customer usage, and technical implementation to deliver high quality products to our customers.
While this role is based in our Cambridge, MA hub, there may be the opportunity for this role to be fully remote. If you are interested in a fully remote opportunity, please let your recruiter know.
As a Senior Software Development Engineer, you will...
- Be able to use technology to solve difficult problems. Proficient in a broad range of data structures and algorithms, knowing when it is (and isn't) appropriate to use them.
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality, CX and maintainability of products/features.
- Develop automation and tooling, drive testability and diagnostic ability into the product, while promoting best practices in quality areas.
- Build test software that exposes API defects in production level code.
- Innovate and drive adoption of latest industry best practices.
- Programmatically test the product, Measure test coverage and Develop right metrics to showcase value add based on adoption of new best practices.
- Capable of independently clarifying technical requirements, assessing development estimates and applying a broad range of design approaches.
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Experienced in White Box testing.
- Proven ability to identify and resolve the root cause of software defects.
- Able to write and enforce logical and maintainable code.
- Demonstrable strength with Java/C++ or other OO languages.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate highly complex and ambiguous situations.
- Strong understanding of QA Methodologies and software life cycle.
- Experience in designing and building test tools and systems.
- Understanding of application architecture and technology infrastructure.
- Experienced with Continuous Integration and Deployment processes.
- Experience with but not limited to JUnit/TestNG, JBehave (or other BDD framework), Selenium, mock objects.
At Audible, we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We're changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling, we've redefined the ways people access, discover, and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it's our people who make Audible's service possible. We're listeners, storytellers, and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word. Audible offers a Hub+Home hybrid workplace model that gives employees flexibility between gathering in a common office space (work from hub) and remote work (work from home). Some teams will work mostly at hub, some mostly at home and others hybrid. For more information, please visit .
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.