Job Title: Sales Engineer - Paint Finishing & Fluid Handling Group
Location: Virginia Territory
Reports To: Director of Sales
Status: Regular, Full-Time, Salaried / Commissioned
Summary: C.H. Reed is a leading industrial equipment distributor and service organization specializing in compressed air, fluid handling, and paint finishing systems sales, service, and repair. Since 1948, we have been adding value for our customers in the areas of operating efficiencies, energy, environment, quality, equipment reliability, and worker safety. Our comprehensive solutions can be found across Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, and Southern New York counties.
We are currently searching for a Paint Finishing & Fluid Handling Sales Engineer for our Virginia territory. This sales development position will adhere to all aspects of the sales cycle, from prospecting to closing, while maintaining a solutions-based approach to meet and exceed customer's painting, pumping & fluid handling goals, and expectations.
Job Duties: Responsibilities and duties are, but not limited to:
- Seek out revenue-generating business opportunities throughout assigned territory.
- Network, develop, and maintain business relationships throughout territory.
- Understand and articulate current industrial trends (IoT, Data Collection, LEAN Mfg., VOC Reductions, etc.) to help educate and help customers.
- Provide technical expertise to customers to meet goals with a solutions-based approach.
- Make independent and joint sales calls in developing markets.
- Introduce C.H. Reed as a leader in industrial painting and fluid handling equipment solutions, parts, and services.
- Perform in-plant customer surveys to determine appropriate solutions.
- Troubleshoot problems with customers by leveraging technological resources and experienced C.H. Reed specialists and vendor partners.
- Manage sales strategies/plans consistent with the company's long-term, strategic objectives.
- Help design and size painting/fluid handling systems.
- Prepare formal quotations for presentation to customers.
- Build sales pipeline by developing, nurturing, and maintaining existing clients and new business relationships.
- Performs variety of sales-related functions that assists the company in maintaining and increasing market share.
- Complies with company policies and procedures including daily CRM / ERP activities.
- Act as a multi-faceted thinker to help solve customer's painting and fluid handling problems with long-term solutions.
- Communicates clearly and effectively throughout the organization and with customers while maintaining a positive brand image.
- Ability to perform as a team player and as an independent rep.
- Consistently willing to learn, attend product trainings, sales trainings, and other company meetings as requested; i.e. vendor meetings, industry shows, and conventions as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Experience:
- Proven track record in meeting sales goals in a B2B environment.
- Advanced understanding of industrial pumps.
- Requires working knowledge of computers, business-related software (ERP System, CRM System), and familiarity with working a smartphone.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Requires participation in continuing training programs offered by equipment manufacturers and vendors.
- Great written and verbal communication skills, including group presentations and telephone etiquette.
- Persistence and determination to close a sale while maintaining positive customer relations.
- Position requires organization, ability to handle multiple projects, and priorities under sometimes stressful conditions.
- Mechanical aptitude, and people skills including decision making, negotiation, and listening.
- Requires reasonable geographic knowledge of assigned territory and a valid driver's license. (Exposure to adverse weather conditions while traveling.)
- Comply with company procedures including personnel policies, mission statement, business philosophy, employee relations philosophy, safe work practices, and quality statement; with special attention to policies regarding company image and care/safety of assigned vehicle.
- Requires traveling via automobile to customer locations 70% of work time.
- Requires ability to inspect/evaluate equipment needs within customer operations.
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions that meet customer's goals.
- High school diploma required.
- Bachelor's Degree required (engineering degree preferred) or 4 years equivalent working experience in an industrial/capital equipment sales setting.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of duties and responsibilities of this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and skills required. C.H. Reed, Inc. reserves the right to unilaterally and at any time, modify this job description.
If you are interested in exploring this position and a future with C.H. Reed, please email a detailed resume including work experience and skillset to ApplyNow@. We offer a competitive wage and benefit package. C.H. Reed is an equal opportunity employer. To learn more, visit and browse our website at .