Samuels and Son Seafood, the nation's leading purveyor of fresh and frozen seafood has a unique and exciting opportunity for a sales assistant. This position is designed to provide support to sales representatives within designated teams. Additional responsibilities may include coordinating the submission of proposals, planning meetings, tracking sales progress, troubleshooting minor technical problems, maintaining department database records, and serving as a liaison between traveling sales representative and staff based in the home office. Strong computer, organization and customer service skills are required. This position offers: the opportunity to work in a fast-paced, growth-focused culture, an opportunity for continuous advancement within the organization and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Summary of essential job functions:
Functions include, but not limited to the following:
- Efficient communication with current customers.
- Research customer business needs and developing mix of products and service to meet these needs.
- Negotiate with significant customer establishing pricing and service guidelines in conjunction with sales and operations objectives.
- Play a role in developing specific plans to ensure revenue growth in all company product lines.
- Strong commitment needed to become an expert in the company's products and industry.
- Effectively and efficiently work with sales management and other sales personnel.
Must be detailed oriented, self-motivated and enthusiastic.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook).
Must have great communication skills in order to conduct presentations.
Must be able to multi-task and work under pressure.