Overview: Hiring immediately for a Safety Trainer.
The Safety Trainer performs classroom and behind the wheel training, to include but not limited to Operator Development Program, remedial training, new equipment familiarization training, and safety meeting. Reports to the Manager of Safety and Training and the General Manager to ensure compliance of training materials and the efficient delivery of the safety programs.
- Ensures new student operators are thoroughly trained in the safe and efficient handling of vehicles and equipment to exceed customer standards.
- Ensures that all trainees are trained on all routes.
- Monitors the progress of trainees to ensure proper training. Ensures all employee training records are in compliance with training policies.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of students.
- Ensures Operator Development Program (ODP) is followed and properly delivered to include updates when necessary.
- Performs new equipment familiarization, refresher, and remediation training.
- May assist with reviews of Cleaver Device events, to include counseling of operators.
- Acts as a resource to provide employees with expert information on operation of equipment.
- Assists with ride checks operators as needed.
- Recommends safer methods, procedures, and preventative measures.
- May be cross-trained to investigate accidents and incidents involving company property, equipment, and personnel.
- Performs related work as required and other tasks as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2+ years' transportation or logistics experience.
- 2-4 years previous supervisory experience.
- Valid CDL class B with passenger and airbrake endorsements.
- Must be able to demonstrate poise, tact, diplomacy and possesses good judgment and discretion.
- Superior communication and presentation skills.
- Must be able to pass third party tester certification within ninety (90) days of employment, if necessary.
- Must be familiar with Smith System defensive driving program.
- Must have better than average knowledge of area.
- Must possess ability to lead and motivate associates
- Must be able to retrieve, generate, and process information in YT solutions, if applicable.
- Detail oriented, well organized, and possess effective time management skills.
- Proven customer service and interpersonal skills a must.
- General knowledge of Windows-based computer operating system and Microsoft office package.
- Must be able to work as a member of the team.
- Ability to interact professionally with internal and external customer on all levels and be able to work well with diverse groups.
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
- Able to use multi-line phone system and handle multiple tasks concurrently.The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 50% of work is accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
- 50% of work is accomplished outside of the facility.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- May be required to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Exposure to heavy traffic areas while performing the duties of the job.
- Exposure to considerable amounts of dust, vehicle fumes and noise.
- Must be able to work outside in various weather conditions.
- Must be able to travel for company training, meeting or support missions.
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit and shuttle services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe, sustainable, and innovative mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and contribute to a more sustainable environment.For more information please visit our website at
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: .cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check