Critical access hospital located near the Maine coast is seeking two Respiratory Therapists to join their team of providers. Under the supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Services Director and Medical Director, the respiratory therapist provides quality respiratory care services to patients of all age groups, inpatient and outpatient. Therapy services and testing are performed within the scope of practice of the Cardiopulmonary Services department and within the licensure guidelines as defined by the State of Maine.
The Respiratory Therapist attends in-service training and continuing education activities as it applies to their job description and to enhance their skills and abilities. Work 4 10 hour days, full time. On call is required. The Respiratory Care Therapist must be currently certified or eligible to sit for the RRT exam offered by the NBRC within one year of start of the position.
- Current Respiratory Care Practitioners License, State of Maine.
- National Board for Respiratory Care Certified Respiratory Therapist, CRT, or Registered Respiratory Therapist, RRT or eligible to sit for the RRT exam offered by the NBRC within one year of start of the position.
- Graduate of a Commission on Respiratory Care Education accredited school for Respiratory Care (CoARC) with a CRT or RRT credential as recognized by the National Board of Respiratory Care.
- At least 2 years clinical experience preferred. Consideration will be given to new graduates.
- Current Basic Life Support and optional Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support certification.
- Extensive knowledge of cardiopulmonary physiology.
- Able to perform all therapeutic respiratory care procedures, use of adult, pediatric and Neonate mechanical ventilation, use of BiPAP/CPAP, and the performance of EKG's, PFT's, Cardiac Stress testing, and interpretation of basic cardiac arrhythmias.
A full complement of health and retirement benefits are being offered. Competitive health insurance plan including bi-weekly premiums begin at $22.00 for single and $77.00 for family coverage, 25% discount on medical services provided by the medical center, employer paid HRA fund toward deductibles, Teladoc- 24/7/365 telemedicine access to MD with no co-payment, employer paid life insurance, 403b retirement plan, generous time off plan, dental insurance, vision insurance, disability insurance- short and long-term.
Located In the far northeastern part of Maine, this beautiful town sits along the St. Croix River - the international boundary between Maine and Canada - and there are three bridges into New Brunswick from the town. Though not a coastal community, visitors can observe some of the highest tides in the contiguous United States as the river rises and falls 25 feet twice each day, pulled by the Atlantic Ocean into the bay. You will have plenty to see and do with outdoor activities that span all seasons. This is a charming place with friendly people and delightful shops and eateries.
Bring your clinical expertise to this quaint and wonderful community!