An exciting new opportunity just opened for a Registered Respiratory Therapist/Pulmonary Lab Tech within an award winning, magnet-designated healthcare organization in the Connecticut / New York region. This RRT will join a phenomenal team dedicated to delivering the highest quality of care to the community it serves.
This 300+ bed, non profit hospital is looking for a Respiratory Therapist to join their organization that is repeatedly honored by U.S. News and World Report as a "High Performing" healthcare facility that offers extraordinary care in Cardiovascular Services, Surgical Services, Cancer treatments, Women's Services, along with many more.
The Respiratory Therapist/Pulmonary Lab Tech performs a variety of pulmonary diagnostic tests and blood gas analysis to aid physicians in monitoring, diagnosis, and/or treatment of patients with pulmonary or related disorders as deemed appropriate by the Physician. This role is able to perform the regular duties of a staff Respiratory Therapist when required.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES/CRITICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs blood gas analysis on patient samples according to laboratory standards and reports these results to patient units or physicians utilizing the hospital information system and departmental policy.
- Performs pulmonary function tests on patients and reports preliminary results to physician.
- Coaches patients to obtain the best possible results and always comments on patient effort.
- Performs other pulmonary diagnostic procedures as requested by a physician, such as Exercise testing, Metabolic testing, Walking oximetry, Arterial Blood Gas draws, HAST testing, and Sweat testing.
The ideal Pulmonary Lab Tech/ RRT will meet the following criteria:
- Certified Respiratory Therapist with current Connecticut State License.
- BLS, ACLS, and PALS certifications
- One year of previous experience in pulmonary diagnostics is desired.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Certification and/or Registration as a Pulmonary Technologist by the NBRC preferred.
The Respiratory Therapist will enjoy a town that boasts a great school district and is a perfect place to raise a family. There are also many attractions, such as beautiful beaches, unique shops, and exquisite dining. This hospital offers a competitive base salary, an array of benefits, and a great place to work. This is an excellent opportunity to join one of the best healthcare systems in the region.