UNC Health Blue Ridge is recruiting Diagnostic Radiologists to join our 6 physician/1APP group. UNC Health Blue Ridge is a not-for-profit community healthcare system, providing advanced healthcare and wellness services from more than 40 locations across a three-county region of Western North Carolina. Located minutes off the I-40 corridor in the beautiful foothills of Western NC, UNC Health Blue Ridge is 1 hour south of Boone, 1 hour east of Asheville and about 1 hour North West of Charlotte.
- Diagnostic Radiology certification/board preparation required as well as certification to read Mammography
- Night Radiology past 9p is covered with final reads
- Stable, collegial group of Radiologists, primarily fellowship trained, equally divided workload
- Good work/life balance without the tedious issues of managing a private practice and its economics
- Backup Call Only 1:6, Call Week Hours are 1p-9p/Weekend hours 7a-7p
- Light Interventional procedures including
- Routine CT
- Ultrasound guided biopsies
- Lumbar Puncture
- Interventional Breast procedures
Our competitive benefit package includes:
- An all-inclusive package to assist you in relocation
- Short and long term disability insurance
- Top-rate professional liability insurance
- Excellent403b retirement and savings plan
- Maternity and Paternity benefit
The UNC Health Blue Ridge system includes one hospital with two locations, a wellness center, and a continuing care retirement community. Nearly 120 primary care physicians, physician specialists and extenders in the Blue Ridge Medical Group combine with other physicians on the Medical Staff to serve patients in the region. UNC Health Blue Ridge provides graduate medical education programs for medical school graduates and students in allopathic and osteopathic medicine and is affiliated with UNC Health System, a not-for-profit integrated health care system owned by the state of North Carolina and based in Chapel Hill.
Come to Morganton, NC - Nature's Playground
Nestled in the foothills of the magnificent Blue Ridge Mountains, Morganton is called "Nature's Playground" for a reason. The Pisgah National Forest covers the North West section of Burke County; Linville Gorge, also known as the Grand Canyon of the East, is just a short drive from the city; and Burke County is home to two State Parks. Lake James State Park sits astride a pristine, 6,812-acre reservoir that offers all the activities one might expect including boating, swimming, fishing, camping, 15 miles of mountain bike trails, and remote paddle-in campsites. Trails vary from the short, educational Holly Discovery Trail with child-friendly activities to the more adventurous segment of the historic Overmountain Victory Trail. South Mountains State Park is one of the state's most rugged areas featuring elevations to 3,000 feet, an 80-foot waterfall, mountain streams and more than 40 miles of trails for hikers, equestrians, and outdoor adventurers. Mountain bikers enjoy a 17-mile loop, and drive-to campsites sit beside the Jacob Fork River.
Please contact me for additional information!
Mary Lu Leatherman, CPRP | Recruitment Sourcing Specialist, Physician Services
UNC Health Blue Ridge