is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyoneÂ and helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living better. POSITION SUMMARY
: The Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist. RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of physical therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
2. Responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of rehab services; adherence to an established plan of care, department and patient(s)' schedule, and timely documentation of services.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
4. Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex procedures.
5. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist.
6. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
7. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
8. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
9. Implements a patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist.
10. Provides individualized physical therapy treatments including but not limited to:
*Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training
*Airway clearance techniques
*Integumentary repair and protection
*Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities
11. Organizes and facilitates treatment groups in collaboration with the physical therapist.
12. Performs other related duties as required.