Apply for this job now
Physical Therapist Assistant - In-Home Outpatient Therapy
- Paoli, Pennsylvania
- Job Type
- 23 Sep 2022
Apply for this job now
Powerback is a new way of delivering recovery, rehabilitation, respiratory, and wellness services to patients across the nation. We deliver an empowered approach to achieving your full potential by providing integrated and individualized solutions. Our reimagined approach to rehabilitation connects directly to the patient experience, which is centered on transforming the road to recovery for everyone and helping patients get their power back. It's patient-centered care that provides a sustainable way of feeling better, moving better, breathing better, and living better.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Physical Therapist Assistant will primarily provide outpatient rehabilitation services in an in-home setting for the older adult population. The in-home setting could be a patient's private residence or in a patient's room in an independent living facility. Powerback Rehabilitation To You allows the Physical Therapy Assistant to evaluate and treat in the most functional environment which is the patient's home. The Physical Therapist Assistant provides physical therapy treatments to patients to facilitate increased independence and functioning under the supervision of a Licensed Physical Therapist. This position provides a flexible schedule and work environment in various settings.
1. Attends and contributes to patient care, staffing conferences and other required meetings as a representative of physical therapy, under the direction of the physical therapist.
2. Responsible for adherence to department and patient treatment schedule, timely clinical and billing documentation requirements as well as work related meetings.
3. Works with other members of the rehabilitation team to implement programs and activities consistent with the needs and capabilities of each patient.
4. Acts as an assistant to the Physical Therapist when the Physical Therapist is performing tests, evaluations, and complex procedures.
5. Instructs patients, families and other caregivers in the skills and techniques of the physical therapy treatment program under the supervision of the Physical Therapist.
6. Maintains appropriate and timely documentation for all patients treated.
7. Cleans, maintains, identifies, and reports the need for repair of equipment, as necessary.
8. Puts Patient Service First: Ensures that patients and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals' needs and rights.
9. Implements patient's individualized treatment plan as established by the primary Physical Therapist.
10. Provides individualized physical therapy treatments including but not limited to:
* Therapeutic exercise including aerobic capacity conditioning, balance coordination, agility training, body mechanics and postural stabilization, flexibility exercises, gait and locomotion training, neuromotor development training, relaxation, strength, power, and endurance training
* Functional training
* Manual therapy
* Airway clearance techniques
* Integumentary repair and protection
* Use of electrotherapeutic, physical agent and mechanical modalities
* Health and Wellness
* Falls Risk Interventions
* Chronic Disease Management Education
11. Performs other related duties as required.
- Job Reference: 719941573-2
- Date Posted: 23 September 2022
- Recruiter: PowerBack Rehabilitation
- Location: Paoli, Pennsylvania
- Salary: On Application
- Sector: Healthcare & Medical
- Job Type: Permanent