Brame delivers products, services and solutions to our customers throughout the Carolina's and Virginia. Founded in 1924, we remain family owned and operated with a strong focus on the communities where we live and work. Our goal is to assist our customers in taking the next step to improve the appearance, health and efficiency of their facilities.
What Products do we provide? Our products range from Food Service, Furniture - School and Workplace, Industrial Packaging, Janitorial Facility, Office Supplies, School Supplies, to Technology. Brame partners with many globally recognized vendors and sells a wide variety of products.
Primary Functions for Payroll and Benefits Administrator:
The Payroll and Benefits Administrator is a critical role in managing the day-to-day tasks related to payroll and benefits.
Work Schedule for Payroll and Benefits Administrator:
This is a hybrid position, requiring a few days in the office and a few days working from home. Ability to commute when working on-site at the Durham, NC location is required.
Duties for Payroll and Benefits Administrator:
- Ensure all payroll processes are designed efficiently to result in accurate processing of payroll.
- Process Full Cycle, multi-state payroll processing - end to end accurately and timely.
- Utilize HRIS (Paylocity) to process payroll for all pay cycles (weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, bonuses, and off cycle payrolls)
- Respond to payroll inquiries from employees, management, and vendors with a high level of customer service, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Process voluntary and involuntary deductions such as levies and garnishments.
- Maintain compliance with wage and tax laws, and correspond with federal, state, and local tax agencies on behalf of the company.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives and make mindful recommendations.
- Key contributor during year-end W-2 process.
- Audit activity on payroll system to ensure accuracy of dataflow/carrier feed, reporting and calculations and data audits.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Support ad-hoc request for Payroll and Compensation as needed.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for all benefit plans.
- Manage the day-to-day administration and open enrollment of benefits and retirement plans.
- Administer the benefits onboarding process for all new hires as well as the process for terminated and/or retired employees.
- Manage leave administration and provide support to management and employees.
- Respond to benefit inquiries from employees, management, and vendors with a high level of customer service and integrity.
- Develop and promote health initiatives as needed.
- Monitor all benefit carrier feeds are accurate and timely. Quickly resolve any errors and implement measures to avoid similar error reports in the future.
- Ensure benefits plans are administered in accordance with plan documents and legal requirements.
- Work with our third-party administrator: participate in implementation of plan changes, new programs and Annual Enrollment set-up as well as participate in monthly review meetings.
- Manage the monthly benefit billing process.
- Support government compliance activities including reporting and disclosure requirements, benefits filings, notices, and communications.
- Assist with internal and external audits.
- Ability to help support other HR functions as needed.
Qualifications for Payroll and Benefits Administrator:
- Bachelor's degree in either business, HR or Accounting
- At least 3 years' experience in Payroll and Benefits administration - Multi-State
- HRIS system experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite programs
- Strong understanding of payroll processes, taxes, etc.
- Experience creating and manipulating reports
- Ability to deal with all levels of employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to openly communicate problems to supervisor/ability to maintain confidentiality in financial and personnel-related matters
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Analytical mindset and healthy curiosity
- Possession of a valid NC driver license
- Ability to travel occasionally
- Ability to pass the company's background and Motor Vehicle Report and the company's drug testing requirements
Preferred Skills for Payroll and Benefits Administrator:
- Experience with Paylocity (HRIS)
- Experience with Employee Navigator (Benefits)
- Experience with 401(k) administration
- PHR or SPHR certification or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP certification
To be successful in this role, the Payroll and Benefit Administrator needs to be:
- Positive by maintaining resiliency and focusing on solutions
- Respectful by collaborating and actively listening
- Insightful by cultivating innovation, accumulating business and role specific knowledge, demonstrating self-awareness and making quality decisions
- Earnest by taking accountability, applying feedback and effectively planning and priority setting
Brame's core values are vital to our success, and we are looking to hire people who meet and exceed these values:
- Customer Importance
- Positive Attitude
- Professional and Dedicated
Payroll and Benefits Administrator - Compensation
- $45,000 - $50,000/Annually
- Long-term disability
- Short-term disability
- Life insurance
- Voluntary life insurance
- Voluntary Accident Insurance
- Voluntary Critical Insurance
- 401(k) + Employer match
- PTO/Vacation days
- Holiday Pay
- Employee discounts