An exciting opportunity awaits an experienced Nurse Director of Surgery in North Carolina. This hospital is searching for a Nurse Director of Operating Room to join their highly trained, friendly, and compassionate team.
Serving its community since 1950 and now one of only a handful of independent, community-based hospitals remaining in North Carolina, this 50+ bed facility provides hospital and community-based services that preserve and restore health, provide comfort, and maintain dignity for all who seek their care. The non-profit hospital offers a range of health care services as well as a full-range of surgical services including general surgery, gynecology/obstetrics, orthopaedic, ophthalmology, and urology. The Nurse Director of Surgery will be joining a team of hardworking, skilled, and caring professionals.
The Nurse Director of Surgery will report to the VP Clinical Services/Chief Nursing Officer and will oversee 25+FTE. The Nurse Director of Operating Room will oversee the OR and the PACU-including OR support staff, OR staff, and PACU staff. There will be Registered Nurses in both the OR and PACU, in addition to CNAs in the PACU. Some responsibilities of this role include assessing, planning, implementing, directing, and evaluating patient care administration for his/her designated specialty, collaborating with other department directors on the health-care team to meet the needs of patients, and responsibility for capital budget. This leader will have the ability to promote, implement, and meet the Medical Center's mission, vision, and values.
- Licensed by the NC Board of Nursing as a Registered Nurse, BSN required. MSN or MBA preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of nursing experience in Surgical Services with evidence of leadership and program development.
- Minimum 2 years of Leadership experience (coaching, mentoring, staff development, project management).
- Results oriented and engaged in collaborative goal setting.
- Displays sound judgment and critical thinking.
- Demonstrates time management skills, including prioritization, timely follow up and deadlines.
- Quality performance monitoring, labor management, scheduling, clinical / contract and new hire processes.
- Evidence of preparing and monitoring annual Surgical Service Budget.
- Computer knowledge of Meditech and Electronic Medical Records preferred.
- Sound Fiscal Management skills
The facility is located in eastern North Carolina where there is much to explore! From museums, farmer's markets, restaurants, theaters, art, and more - there is something for everyone and it's just a short drive to Myrtle Beach!
The health care organization is eager and excited to welcome the new team member and will offer a competitive salary and generous benefits to the ideal candidate. Apply today to make a significant difference and join a reputable organization!