Instron® is a global organization that designs, manufactures, sells and services materials testing systems. Instron® is a clear global leader in materials testing applications and its leadership in the marketplace is continually expanding. You will find that our established strength, commitment to our core values and team focus provides an engaging work environment and offers exceptional opportunities for personal and career development.Job Description
The Junior IT Administrator's role is to provide a point of contact for end users to receive support and maintenance within the organization's end-user computing environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all end-user devices and equipment to ensure optimal performance. The person will also be responsible for financial administration such as purchasing of IT equipment and the processing of monthly invoices and purchase orders for the IT department.Qualifications
Administration and Procurement
- Managing monthly recurring invoices and contract renewals for IT including software and hardware maintenance renewals
- Managing procurement if IT related equipment including purchase order requisitions
- Maintaining accuracy of records in Active Directory
- Assisting in helpdesk and Cyber security related reporting
- Recording purchased licensing details
Knowledge & Experience
- Basic PC imaging and profile setup for new computers
- Basic software installations and deployment to PC' s
- Patching of network devices
- Monitoring of helpdesk tickets and managing escalations to required IT teams or 3rd parties
- General user account administration on various systems
- Mobile phone administration
- Expert technical knowledge of current network and PC operating systems
- Knowledge and experience of Windows PC's and Operating Systems
- Knowledge of and experience of Office applications
- PC troubleshooting experience.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides.
- Ability to conduct research into PC issues and products as required.
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and directed, with the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer-service orientation.
Additional InformationFormal Education & Certification
- College diploma or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications in IT related subject would be advantageous. (for example, CompTIA, Microsoft MCE etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.Work Conditions
- Occasional out of hours and on call work
- Sitting for extended periods of time
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components
- Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings
- Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals