Are you thinking about improving your career development and your professional growth? We invite you to join one of the most successful international logistics organizations here at Kuehne+Nagel. Our Jersey City branch is looking for a new ISC Business Analyst to join their Sea Logistics team. Your Role Perform a variety of responsibilities to support customer system integration mapping, configuration and testing activities. Majority of time is coordination of EDI mappings through programming and analysis of testing while being a liaison between the solution engineer, programmers, testing staff, and the system application teams. Also provide and maintain detailed results based on defined system integration test plans as determined by the Solutions Engineer. Your Responsibilities
- You will report to the Supply Chain Solutions Manager
- Gather, analyze, and prioritize customer needs and combine into logical mapping and technical specification documents.
- Analyze project needs related to customer's requirements concerning operational commitment and system capabilities.
- Manage to project plan timelines.
- Facilitate analysis sessions and document project specifications between business and IT.
- You will work with EDI programming team (IT) to coordinate project task scoping, estimation, and monitor activities
- Train internal and external customers on the implemented solution and help them use Kuehne+Nagel systems to create automated KPI alerts to ensure operational success of the project.
- Coordinate and ensure several system setups to support EDI requirements . (CIEL, Login, GTN, and Etrack).
- Manage hand-over to production support team and follow on the project until steady state.
- You will guide communication between your team members and application owners, for any issues that occur during testing.
- Report problems through an established protocol using test workbooks and issues logs to project team members.
- You will help create test cases, standard test plans. (Specifically GTN milestone testing end to end).
- You will create test shipments including all usual sea freight and air freight forwarding operational activities such as pick-up or inland transportation, booking, document preparation, status progression, invoicing within Kuehne+Nagel's test environments. (Includes CIEL and GTN).
- Follow-up on test cases by validating Kuehne+Nagel's tracking and tracing applications through to final events such as destination delivery and data quality requirement with respective partners.
- Resolve issues respective to meeting system integration testing requirements, data input, and timeline.
- Read and work following Quality Management Work Instructions and QHSE procedures (ISO9001).
- Able to work overtime when needed.
Your Skills and Experiences
- Fluent in the English language.
- College degree in computer science, information technology or supply chain logistics is nice.
- Prefer 2 years current work experience in ocean/air freight forwarding or supply chain management, but will consider a computer science/EDI-focused college degree in lieu of work experience.
- You will understand EDI and supply chain management systems (preferably with GT Nexus).
- Technical skills with emphasis on process mapping and analysis.
Good Reasons to Join We offer a great compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a dynamic global work environment. At Kuehne+Nagel we strive daily to Inspire, Empower and Deliver not only to our customers but colleagues.