Full Time Float Teller, Secaucus, NJ Req ID:
Req Date posted
Full Time Float Teller, Secaucus, NJ
Secaucus, United States of America WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Santander is one of the largest banks in the world, and one of the top banks in the United States based on deposits. With a principal presence in the northeast U.S., Santanders retail division serves nearly 2 million customers and more than 5% of small businesses in the US.
Our Tellers processes face-to-face Customer transactions for a variety of routine financial transactions. Responsibilities
- Adheres to safe deposit box procedures/ operations and guidelines
- Assists in exceeding service goals by minimizing Customer wait times and accurately and efficiently processing Customer transactions
- Educates and engages Customers in conversations regarding their current and future financial needs and educates Customers about Bank products and services
- Provides exceptional Customer service by meeting all Customer demands as they relate to relatively straightforward inquiries, with the support of more experienced personnel
- Recognizes sales opportunities and cross-sells bank products by making quality referrals, meeting all assigned teller goals
- Validates transactions for system or operational changes to ensure operational integrity and compliance to all required regulations
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 0-3 years of Cash Handling experience in a Retail or Banking environment
- Ability to adhere to policies, procedures, and instructions of management
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship
- Detail oriented with the ability to function in a fast-paced and changing environment
- General Math skills
- Superior customer service skills
- Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking
- Actively seeks information to understand customer needs
- Communicates clearly and precisely
- Listens carefully and asks questions to clarify understanding
- Displays a can-do attitude and willingness to learn
- Proactively clarifies ones tasks and responsibilities
- Has basic understanding of organizations flagship products and servicesCan identify the risk return of products and services
- Learns about and diligently follows established risk management policies, processes and procedures
- Learns new methods and procedures or modifies them to meet new standards Is positive about new approaches and methods resulting from change
- Works effectively in team setting
- Shows appreciation for others' help and lends a hand when needed to complete shared tasks
- This is a Full Time position and the hours per week will generally be between 30 and 40 hours per week. The Recruiter for this position will be able to discuss the specifics of the schedule requirements and hours for this position.This is a non-exempt position eligible for overtime compensation calculated at 1.5 times your regular rate of pay for any hours worked over 40 hours per week, subject to all Santander policies and approvals regarding overtime
Employees desiring consideration should complete an online application, utilizing the appropriate process as subscribed by the posting entity. Employees should provide all pertinent information to support their candidacy. To be considered eligible for internal posting, Santander employees must meet all eligibility requirements.
- Meet the qualifications posted for the positions they are applying for
- Apply online through the Companys internal careers site for job posting
- Complete 12 months of continuous service within your current position and be in good standing (rating of Achieved or better, not been placed on a performance improvement plan)
Please click here to see the full policy:
At Santander, we value and respect differences in our workforce and strive to increase the diversity of our teams. We actively encourage everyone to apply .
English Primary Location:
Secaucus, New Jersey, United States of America Other Locations:
New Jersey-Secaucus Organization:
Santander Bank N.A.
As a part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and clients, we have implemented COVID-related health and safety requirements for our workforce. These requirements may include all or some combination of: disclosing your vaccination status, being fully vaccinated, regular testing, mask wearing and social distancing. As you go through our selection process, the requirements will be clearly disclosed to you.
Santander is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
US Candidates/Employees: Click here to view the EEO is the Law () poster and supplement and the Pay Transparency Policy Statement. ()
Click here to view the California Privacy Notice. Need assistance? Contact