The Rohatyn Group (TRG) is seeking a highly motivated professional to join the Office of the CIO team, with responsibilities to focus on Forestry & Agriculture line of business.
Include the following, but are not limited to:
- Implement and maintain business and investment processes and controls for the F&A LOB associated with best practices and specific contractual obligations.
- Lead processes associated with portfolio reviews for senior management including regular budget-to-actual reviews, investment and portfolio performance comparison to underwriting, etc.
- Prepare financial analysis required for marketing materials, conference proceedings, and other presentations.
- Collaborate with finance, legal and tax teams to analyze tax structures, FX strategies, and cash management decisions.
- Assist in the investment operation processes related to investment valuations and proforma modeling of investment and fund level cash flows.
- Actively seek out opportunities to develop and implement systems and business practices with a view to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of F&A analysis and investment operations.
- Act as an analytical resource for broader firm related investment transactions and firm's strategic acquisitions.
- Participate in development and integration of firm-wide systems (e.g. Dynamo, iLevel).
- This is a unique opportunity to become a key member of TRG s Office of the CIO, working with highly experienced investment professionals and management teams located globally
- Exposure to global Forestry & Agriculture business line
- Opportunity to interact with TRG's Senior Management and the management teams
- Knowledge/understanding of a forestry and agriculture business
- Experience with private market fair value accounting concepts, and familiar with consolidated financial statements
- Experience with proforma/underwriting investment modeling and budgeting
- Understanding of key international legal and tax structuring concepts for both corporate and pass-through entities; expertise not required, but needs to be familiar with the concepts to interact with experts effectively
- Extensive understanding of private investment performance metrics and calculations
- Familiarity with accounting and management information systems and technology
- Experience with institutional quality controls environments is a plus.
- Desire and ability to thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment
- Detailed oriented, organized and self-motivated
- Ability to integrate within a fast-paced, dynamic and diverse team located globally
- Good personal judgment in handling confidential/sensitive data with discretion
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Founded by Nicolas Rohatyn in 2002 with a commitment to emerging markets, The Rohatyn Group's 105 professionals manage approximately $5.3bn across private equity & credit, forestry & agriculture, infrastructure & renewable energy and public markets.
The Firm has a presence in 14 cities globally.
TRG's New York office is home to our trading and operations desks as well as most business management functions. Buenos Aires, London, São Paulo, Lima, New Delhi, Mumbai and Singapore are primarily used for private equity and credit deal sourcing, due diligence and portfolio company management. Boston, Rotorua (New Zealand) and Montevideo are focused on forestry and farmland investment strategies. The Montevideo office houses certain of the Firm's accounting functions. Finally, we have equity analysts based in Hanoi and Cairo. Certain advisory affiliates of TRG also have offices in Mexico City.
Our investment teams are supported by a robust business management platform. With expertise in legal and compliance, global operations and custody, risk management, marketing, investor relations and information technology, investment teams are able to focus on core activities. Certain TRG entities are registered with one or more regulatory agencies, including the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission, the Monetary Authority of Singapore and the UK Financial Conduct Authority. Consistent with our institutional approach, we also have committed to meeting several industry best practice standards, including the Principles for Responsible Investment.
TRG's culture is characterized by four core traits:
- Collegial and respectful: The Firm operates in an open environment that encourages participation and sharing of ideas.
- Emphasis on teamwork: Cross-functional meetings and incentive schemes reinforce teamwork.
- International: TRG staff originates from over 20 countries and speaks more than 20 different languages.
- Transparent: TRG believes it is important to maintain an open dialogue with its clients. Internally, team meetings and a policy of partner accessibility encourages interaction and dialogue amongst employees.