Comcast's Technology, Product & Experience organization works at the intersection of media and technology. Our innovative teams are continually developing and delivering products that transform the customer experience. From creating apps like TVGo to new features such as the Talking Guide on the X1 platform, we work every day to make a positive impact through innovation in the pursuit of building amazing products that are enjoyable, easy to use and accessible across all platforms. The team also develops and supports our evolving network architecture, including next-generation consumer systems and technologies, infrastructure and engineering, network integration and management tools, and technical standards. We offer a flexible working environment to balance the need to work independently wherever you choose, with days that require collaboration at one of our offices. Our roles primarily reside inside or around one of our Tech Hubs (Philadelphia and surrounding suburbs, Denver, Austin, Silicon Valley, Washington DC/N. Virginia). Some roles can work virtual full-time if they are not near a Tech Hub, but that is dependent upon the needs of the position and amount of collaboration required.
The Engineer will play a key role in the Engineering Operations group focused on financial technologies at Comcast. Candidate should have extensive experience with programming languages, databases, web based architectures and cloud technologies. This is a highly dynamic environment with the primary business partners being Cable & Corp Finance, FP&A as well as Accounting groups. This position focuses on leading innovative efforts related to process improvements, implementing new & best-in-class solutions related to data, providing KPI's to Business and coordinating with managed service provider.
- Ensures solutions are well-engineered, operable, scalable, maintainable, and delivered on schedule. Should be able to present them to peers & management.
- Ensure critical system-based processes meet expected deadlines and service level agreements.
- Monitors current and future trends, technology, and information that will positively affect organizational projects. Applies and integrates emerging technological trends to new and existing systems.
- Tracks and documents requirements for enterprise development projects and enhancements.
- Assists in the planning and design of new or upgraded systems. Ability to learn new technologies & concepts quickly.
- Work with the release and change management lead, ensure changes being deployed to production systems follow appropriate change procedures and are amply tested.
- Ensure compliance with SOX (Audit) requirements.
- Primary interaction with on-shore resources and indirectly with offshore resources.
- Regularly review and identify opportunities to improve efficiencyhigher system, service levels, and overall customer satisfaction.
- Identify, implement, and regularly report system key performance indicators and support metrics to leadership.
- Coordinate calls related to significant system outages and be available during off business hours including weekends.
- Be an active part of Net Promoter System - a way of working that brings employee & customer feedback into the company.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working with any of the core programming languages viz. Java, Python, etc.
- 2+ years of experience in Application Integration using API's, Web based architecture.
- 2+years of experience in one or more reporting tools viz. Tableau, Power BI, Qlik etc.
- Experience building solutions related to data integration is a huge plus.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of SQL. Ability to troubleshoot issues by querying back-end tables with ease.
- Experience in Project Management, Agile methodologies & Rally is strongly preferred.
- Experience with WebLogic, Windows/Linux Operating Systems, Job schedulers is preferred.
- Experience with SAML/SiteMinder/Kerberos/Azure AD & other SSO procedures is preferred.
- Ability to effectively plan, handle, deliver multiple tasks and adjust priorities.
This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Comcast is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That's why we provide an of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality - to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.