If you wish to further develop your career with one of the most successful logistics organizations we are looking for a new Customs Brokerage Entry Writer. This is an excellent opportunity to join our Customs team in Jersey City, NJ! Your Role Reporting to the Customs Brokerage Manager, you will manage the coordination of the documentation required by US Customs and Border Protection for entry of goods into the US on behalf of importers. Your Responsibilities
- You will provide impeccable customer service.
- Perform audit review on all assigned brokerage files and payments to customs.
- You will maintain and keep current all customs compliance documentation.
- Process documents through our ABI system, obtaining Customs release and other government agency releases. Arrange both delivery and the invoicing of the import account for services rendered.
- Review and monitor all Customs rejections, requests for information for clients and any other government agency, and other correspondence.
- Follow all domestic and international shipping regulations.
- Mandatory daily correspondence with overseas offices.
Your Skills and Experiences
- 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Solid knowledge of domestic and international geography including countries, major cities and ocean ports along with basic knowledge of U.S. Regulatory Laws
- Basic knowledge of INCO terms, the Harmonized Tariff Schedule, Customs regulations and other government agency requirements.
Good Reasons to Join We offer a great compensation package, medical, dental, and retirement benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a global work environment. At Kuehne+Nagel we strive daily to Inspire, Empower and Deliver not only to our customers but colleagues.