Wellington Rehab and Health Center LLC -
Responsible for maintaining and setting up food production and quality control of all food items prepared.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Produce consistent food projects while following recipes with reduced supervision and direction from the Culinary Manager, while maintaining quality presentation standards.
2. Exhibits an advanced knowledge, understanding and application of knife skills and cooking techniques.
3. Identify and safely use all kitchen equipment.
4. Properly label, date and rotate all products to ensure safe keeping and sanitation.
5. Maintain an organized, clean and sanitary work area in accordance with Health Department/ServSafe standards.
6. Assist, train and guide prep cooks and other culinary staff members in daily tasks.
7. Basic understanding and knowledge of inventory control, requisitions and par levels.
8. Refer to menu for the following days prep and specific diet needs of patient.
Other Duties Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations using some other combination of skills and abilities.
2. Maintain a genuine interest in geriatric care and must believe in and uphold the philosophy of the facility.
- Knowledgeable of kitchen equipment, good knife skills, and possess a full tool kit.
- Knowledgeable of weights and measures, as well as basic math applications.
- Must be able to assist, train and direct culinary interns and general cooks in daily tasks.
Required Education /Experience
1. Ability to read and write clearly, follow oral and written instructions
2. Must obtain ServSafe certifications
1. Minimum of 2 years culinary experience OR a certificate or degree from a Culinary Institution
2. High school diploma or equivalent