A reputable health system is actively seeking a CONTRACT Primary Therapist who could begin immediately. The CONTRACT Primary Therapist will work Monday through Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm at a behavioral health facility located in the suburbs of New Jersey.
About the Behavioral Health Facility:
- 150+ bed inpatient facility
- Several Recovery Centers, outpatient treatment and therapeutic programs, private special education school for adolescent/teens
- Patient Population: adolescent, teen, adult and geriatric population
- Specialties (not all included): emotional, psychiatric and behavioral issues and illnesses
- Services: Adult Inpatient Services, Dual Diagnosis, Psychiatric Acute Care, Older Adult Services
The CONTRACT Behavioral and Mental Health Primary Therapist provides for the treatment of patients utilizing a variety of modalities as a member of the clinical treatment team of the assigned ambulatory and/or inpatient unit.
Responsibilities may include:
- Under the supervision of a LCSW or LPC, the CONTRACT Primary Therapist will provide a comprehensive assessment of a patient's psychosocial needs inclusive of evidence based validated outcome measurements and develop treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on findings and according to department policy
- Provides effective treatment to patients, whether assessment or therapy, and shares and interprets information to staff, families, and/or other approved agencies.
- Completes written reports in a timely fashion and maintains patient records as required by the Medical Center or Agency policy.
- Develops a comprehensive discharge plan, in collaboration with the patient/family patient caregiver, patient support persons, and healthcare team that will provide maximum benefit for each patient as needed.
- Ensures provisions of continued care at home or in an appropriate extended care facility based upon the patient needs, and confirms the patient has a primary care provider upon discharge or refers appropriately to an FQHC.
- Reassesses periodically and evaluates care goals and the plan of care and, revises when indicated. Medical records reflect that each patient's discharge plan is reassessed no less than weekly in response to change in medical situation.
Knowledge, Education and Skills
- Master's degree in Social Work (MSW) or Master's Degree in clinical mental health.
- Ability to perform psychosocial assessments and develop treatment plans.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention theory and its application in a variety of medical settings.
- Knowledge of psychopathology, differential diagnosis, and psychotherapeutic treatment techniques.
- New Jersey Licensed Social Worker LCSW, LSW, and/or New Jersey Licensed Associate Counselor LAC, and/or Licensed Professional Counselor LPC
- Previous clinical experience working in an inpatient psychiatric or behavioral healthcare setting
- Fully Vaccinated with Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination prior to starting
As an employee of Clinical Management Consultants, the CONTRACT Primary Therapist will be offered a 13-week minimum contract that could be extended. Additionally, the CONTRACT Primary Therapist Behavioral Health will be offered a comprehensive package that includes a highly competitive wage, PTO, Medical insurance, sick days, potential housing or travel reimbursement to qualified candidates, and more. Plus, the CONTRACT Primary Therapist may also be offered an opportunity to convert to a permanent employee of the New Jersey health system. Don't wait, learn more today!