Works in collaboration with the Executive Director of Perioperative Services and physician leadership, the RN Clinical Director will be responsible for oversight and direction of the OR, PACU, SPU, and SPD. This role will handle development, coordination, strategic vision, and operations of the perioperative units, helping to build and grow new surgical service lines. This position will provide cross-functional guidance, leadership, and expertise for surgical and neurovascular services. The Clinical Director will also direct and ensure compliance with regulatory and accreditation agencies, including The Joint Commission (TJC) and will identify opportunities for quality improvement within each unit/discipline.
- Assumes responsibility on a 24-hour basis for perioperative service line.
- Oversee and direct the daily business operations of defined departments. Supervise all staff supporting business operations (surgical and procedural scheduling, charging, auditing, and preference card support).
- Participates in the assessment of the department as well as individual education needs. Plans programs/ in-services to meet staff needs. Serve as an expert around specific team competencies, maintains necessary business and/ or clinical competencies for assigned areas.
- Facilitate consensus and adoption of key performance indicators and standardized procedures that minimize variation and inefficiencies withing the department. Identify and address opportunities for integration and standardization of key performance indicators.
- Assist in the establishment of programs, policies, and standard operating procedures reflecting the philosophy and objectives of the department/division.
MANAGEMENT OF PERSONNEL
- Maintains effective communication with all team members; ensure collaboration is maintained across the service line for operational effectiveness.
- Schedules personnel to provide coverage for the identified patient care needs.
- In cooperation with the Clinical Educator, identifies learning needs of the staff and develops programs to meet those needs; monitors staff attendance at educational programs.
- Articulates and supports Medical Center and Departmental goals and philosophies to all personnel.
- Inspects equipment and environment on a regular basis for needed repairs and safety, and reports hazards for correction.
- Maintains a clean environment, in cooperation with support staff and ensures proper attire within sterile core.
- Maintains an adequate level of needed supplies, in cooperation with materials management personnel.
- Provides an environment which is conducive to learning for students.
- Cooperates with other department directors to promote optimal utilization of personnel and resources.
Education and Training:
Current licensure to practice Professional Nursing in the Commonwealth of
Masters Degree preferred
3 years relevant clinical experience
Surgical knowledge: Vascular, Neuro, CT surgery, Robotic, Urology
Management experience required.
Location: Crozer Health 7429- Surgical Services Administration
Schedule: FR =Full-time Regular, 1 =Day Shift, dayshift-varied