Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Mon-Fri day shift with rotating weekend and holiday requirement
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut's most comprehensive healthcare network.
St. Vincent's Medical Center in Bridgeport has more than 3,200 employees. It includes a 473-bed community teaching hospital, a 76-bed inpatient psychiatric facility in Westport, a large multispecialty provider group, and special needs services for adults and children. St. Vincent's is the first hospital in Fairfield County to be integrated into the Hartford HealthCare network, and is the system's second-largest hospital.
- Coordinates the overall interdisciplinary plan of care for patient, from admission to discharge.
- Creates plan for care across the continuum, integrating patient/family preferences and values.
- Monitors patient care through assessments, evaluations and/or patient records.
- Advocates for resources and removal of barriers.
- Maintains ongoing dialog with supervisor and other health providers to ensure effective implementation of health plan.
- Ensuring and facilitating achievement of quality and clinical cost outcomes.
- Identifying, procuring and coordinating services and resources needed by patient and family for discharge.
- Demonstrates ability to be customer focused and able to effectively interact with physicians, team members, community agencies, and families with diverse values, religious and cultural ideas.
- Ability to work independently with little direction, follow established policies and procedures and be accountable for team work.
- Good time management skills.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA).
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross.
- Registered Nurse (5) years clinical experience.
- Minimum one (1) year hospital case management experience.
- Acute care hospital or related Oncology experience preferred for this position.
- EPIC experience helpful.
- Collaborates with outpatient Cancer Center Team and Hospice Team.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge - helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.