Purpose of Job
We are seeking a talented Audit Manager for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX, Phoenix, AZ, Tampa, FL, or Charlotte, NC or 100% remote work environment.
Remote work is available for candidates who do not live in a location where USAA has a physical office.
If on location: USAA values a culture that is highly collaborative, and we have found that a hybrid work type helps employees gain the best of both worlds - collaborating in-person in the office and working from home when needed to achieve focused deliverables. The actual days onsite are determined between each employee and the employee's manager.
Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the audit lifecycle, to include understanding of horizontal and vertical business impacts, integrating audits with IT, analytics, and projects and reviewing work papers. May lead engagements as Auditor-In-Charge (AIC). Maintains knowledge of financial services regulations. Creates and independently performs complex work assignments and problem resolution in support of risk-based assurance and advisory engagements.
Leverages results from engagements and continuous monitoring activities to assist Audit Leadership in updating risk assessments.
Adheres to the Institute of Internal Auditors' International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing (Standards) and Code of Ethics.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
- Primarily serves as Auditor-in-Charge (AIC) and main point of contact for the business through Audit engagements.
- Leads and executes complex audit engagements throughout the audit lifecycle. Leads continuous monitoring and advisory activities, special reviews and investigations.
- Responsible for executing multiple areas of complex test work during audit activities. Executes audit documentation techniques including key risks and controls alignment to audit test objectives and conclusions and assigning appropriate issue severity.
- Manages day to day engagement-related efforts and assignments of Audit team members with varying degrees of expertise and experience when conducting engagements as the Auditor-in-Charge (AIC).
- Develops and independently updates risk & control matrix at the engagement level for each engagement
- Develops and verifies accuracy of content within audit reports and conducts continuous monitoring activity documentation.
- Reviews work of team members; providing feedback/questions and completes audit team end of engagement evaluations when applicable.
- Ensures engagements are completed objectively, professionally, and in accordance with corporate and industry audit standards. Makes recommendations for severity ratings to Senior Audit Manager (SAM)/Director. May communicate with regulators.
- Utilizes and provides guidance to team members on the use of audit business systems, applications, and/or audit tools to create queries and ad hoc reports.
- Reviews, analyzes, and interprets data collected from multiple sources to ensure valid conclusions from audit testing are drawn.
- Identifies control weaknesses and
- opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and provides recommendations for corrective action; drafts the related audit issues and audit reports with oversight from audit leadership for issuance to respective client leadership and coordinates and/or conducts follow-up activities.
- Leads team audit activities and provides feedback on planning and scoping, and review of risk assessment and testing that demonstrates critical thinking ability.
- Builds and develops relationships both internally within Audit Services and externally with clients and control partners to help drive strategic objectives with the business and effectively challenges business action plans. Communicates effectively with the business/clients and delivers risk-based and difficult messages regarding issues and control weaknesses to ensure proper risk assurance coverage.
- Provides day to day coaching guidance and on the job training to team members to ensure development, quality and timely audit engagement deliverables.
- Provides information from audit results and insight to assists Audit Leadership in the updating of risk profiles and risk assessments related to the engagement.
Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant field such as Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology
Four additional years of related experience beyond minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 6 years of audit, financial, insurance, banking, information technology or related business and/or leadership experience.
- Experience performing internal audits, external audits, or applying audit, risk, or compliance acumen in a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Knowledge of internal audit principles or initiative to examine, analyze, assess, and draw conclusions from audit work and present findings to multiple audiences.
- Demonstrated experience effectively communicating and challenging Controls with business partners and leaders.
- Understanding of risks and internal controls and the ability to evaluate and determine adequacy and efficiency of controls.
- Experience in a support role, mentoring, and providing feedback to audit team members throughout the audit.
- Demonstrated experience in highly dynamic environment undergoing change; ability to deal with competing priorities.
- Understanding of consumer compliance regulatory requirements such as SCRA, MLA, FDPA, FCRA, UDAAP, Regulation Z, etc. combined with experience in a banking environment, specifically, mortgage, deposits, credit card, consumer lending, etc.
- Possesses strong analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy to help develop and execute compliance audits.
- CRCM preferred
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
Compensation: USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $88,200 - $159,800*( this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
*Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium: will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
Benefits: At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
Relocation assistance is available for this position.