Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. We're committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Responsible for overseeing specific areas of the club depending on role- Operations, Merchandising, Member Services, or Perishables. Serves as a leader of the entire club by providing direction, oversight, and validation of company expectations and initiatives. Establishes efficiencies, maintains policies and procedures, delivers a positive service experience to Members, and ensures a positive and safe environment for Members and Team Members. The manager is responsible to function as the Manager on Duty (MOD) as assigned. While MOD, the manager has responsibility to manage the entire Club, including all Club departments, to ensure excellent Member engagement, to address any and all concerns brought to the MOD's attention, and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate. The manager could be assigned as MOD 50% or more of the manager's scheduled shifts.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Maintains an understanding of club policies and procedures across all areas of the club. Provides leadership and direction to all departments within the club.
- Collaborates with other Assistant Managers to assess Team Member performance, provide actionable feedback and develop talent. Assists in hiring and training and administers corrective action as needed.
- Evaluates departmental performance using company reporting programs and makes operational decisions to maximize sales, profits, and performance.
- Responsible for the effective communication of departmental activities to club Team Members, club management and club support teams.
- Performs Club Self Audits and control procedures to measure compliance with club policies and procedures.
- Ensures operational processes are consistently followed in the highly controlled areas of receiving, asset control, human resources and cash office.
- Continually monitors customer service levels and ensures a positive service experience is delivered to all Members.
- Establishes operational efficiencies and productivity standards within the department and reviews budgets, plans and P&L to identify profit opportunities.
- Responsible for the proper maintenance and working order of the building, equipment, furniture and fixtures within the club.
- Role will focus on one of the following areas, Club Operations, Merchandising, Perishables, or Membership Services. Dependent on area, other responsibilities will be assigned.
- Knowledge of store operations, receiving, asset control, maintenance, human resources and cash office procedures required.
- Basic computer knowledge (MS Word, MS Excel, Email) required.
- High school diploma, college degree, and/or big box wholesale, retail, grocery and/or management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities, including managing/supervising cross-functional teams, training team members, and driving and communicating results.
- Open shift availability required.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling, reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects in excess of 30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with frequent exposure to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.